Wednesday 2 October 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Long Voyage Home, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1940 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Gheorghe Gruia: Romanian-Mexican handball player and coach (d. 2015).
- Pantelis Voulgaris: Greek actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Lord Davies: Chairman (Welsh National Opera).
- 17 German aircrafts shot down above England
- British Council receives British Charter
- British liner Empress loaded with refugees for Canada, sunk
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?