Monday 2 October 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1950 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Persis Khambatta: Indian actress (d. 1998).
- Mike Rutherford: British rock musician on bass guitar, cello and organ; a songwriter.
- Ian McNeice: English actor.
- Mao Tse Tung proclaims in telegram to Stalin, China intervenes Korea
- Red Sox Dom DiMaggio leads AL with only 15 stolen bases
- Chicago Cardinals' Jim Hardy passes for six touchdowns versus Baltimore Colts (55-13).
- Bob Shaw of the Chicago Cardinals sets NFL record with five touchdown catches.
- The comic strip Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz first appears, in nine American newspapers.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?