Friday 2 October 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1953 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Lisa St Aubin de Teran: English author of several novels and memoirs detailing her colorful, adventurous and sometimes dangerous life.
- Vanessa Armstrong: American singer.
- Muhammad Bari: Bangladeshi-English physicist and academic.
- Lisa St Aubin de Terán: English author.
- Comedy in Music (Victor Borge) opens at John Golden NYC for 849 performances
- Dodger Carl Erskine strikes out 14 Yankees in World Series
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?