Saturday 2 October 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Carmen Jones, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1954 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Greg Jennings: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma -- Country singer (Restless Heart-Wheels).
- Lorraine Bracco: American actress and producer.
- 8th NHL All-Star Game: All-Stars beat Detroit 2-2 at Detroit
- New York Giants sweep Cleveland Indians, in 51st World Series.
- Former French possession of Chandernagore made part of West Bengal.
- Pre-Vietnam War: The Viet Minh takes control of North Vietnam.
- Hurricane Hazel crosses over Haiti, killing 1,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 October 1954 and get them!