Tuesday 2 October 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Lay Down Your Arms by Anne Shelton was in the top 5 hits.
The Ten Commandments, directed by Cecil B. de Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1956 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Charlie Adler: American voice actor and director.
- Peter Bruce: Scottish chemist and academic.
- Freddie Jackson: US R&B singer / songwriter (Rock Me Tonight).
- Viatcheslav Mukhanov: Russian-German cosmologist and physicist.
- Murphy Morobe: South Afr UDF leader (spent 3 yrs in Robbeneiland Jail).
- 1st atomic power clock exhibited-NYC
- First atomic power clock exhibited-New York City.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?