Sunday 2 October 1960
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
Spartacus, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1960 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Glenn Anderson in Vancouver: British Columbia, Canada; NHL hockey player (Edmonton Oilers).
- Robbie Nevil: American singer and songwriter.
- Lothar Schlapp: German footballer.
- Gianfranco Stevanin: Italian serial killer, called the Monster of Terrazzo.
- Glenn Anderson: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Django Bates: English pianist and composer
- Al Connelly: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Glass Tiger)
- Johan Lammerts: Dutch cyclist
- Joe Sacco: American journalist and cartoonist
- Tom Schweich: American lawyer and politician 36th State Auditor of Missouri (d. 2015)
- Dereck Whittenburg: American basketball player and coach
- Jaroslav Doubrava: Composer, dies at 51.
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA San Antonio Civitan Golf Tournament
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?