Monday 2 October 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patricia Gauani and Rafael Carmona.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mouldy Old Dough by Lieutenant Pigeon was in the top 5 hits.
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching La révolte des Haîdouks.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1972!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1972 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Patricia Gauani: Miss USA-Delaware (1997).
- Rafael Carmona: Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico -- Pitcher (Seattle Mariners).
- Tara Dawn Holland: Overland Park, Kansas -- Miss America (1997).
- Tara Holland: American model Miss America 1997.
- Aaron McKie: NBA guard (Portland Trail Blazers, Philadelphia 76ers).
- From Israel with Love opens at Palace Theater NYC for 8 performances
- Bill Stoneman of Montreal pitches his 2nd no-hitter, beating Mets, 7-0
- Danish population votes for European Common Market membership
- Ron Johnson becomes first New York Giants' player to score four touchdowns (vs Philadelphia Eagles).
- Aeroflot Il-18 crashes near Black Sea resort of Sochi, kills 105.
- Denmark joins the European Community the Faroe Islands stay out.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?