Sunday 2 October 1983
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Total Eclipse Of The Heart by Bonnie Tyler.
In UK Karma Chameleon by Culture Club was in the top 5 hits.
Never Cry Wolf, directed by Carroll Ballard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1983!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1983 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Gerald Strang: Canadian composer, dies at 75.
- Art Monk begins NFL streak of 136 plus consecutive game receptions
- Kathy Postlewait wins LPGA San Jose Golf Classic
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Stray Cats - (She's) Sexy + 17
- The Police - King Of Pain
- Spandau Ballet - True
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Kenny Rogers - Islands In The Stream
- Frank Stallone - Far From Over
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?