Saturday 2 October 1993
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tara Lynne Barr and Elizabeth McLaughlin.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Dreamlover by Mariah Carey.
In UK Mr Vain by Culture Beat was in the top 5 hits.
The Nightmare Before Christmas, directed by Henry Selick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Strange But True?.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ardy Lightfoot or Epic Pinball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1993!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1993 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Tara Lynne Barr: American actress.
- Elizabeth McLaughlin: TV Actress.
- William Haynes: YouTube Star.
- Tara Barr: American actress.
- Luke Thomas: Welsh chef.
- Aaro Vainio: Finnish race car driver
- Henry Ringling North: Circus owner (Ringling Bros Circus), dies at 83.
- Spike Lee weds Tonya Lewis
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?