Thursday 2 October 2008
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Whatever You Like by T.I..
RocknRolla, directed by Guy Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 2008!
Which were the important events of 2 October 2008 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 October
- The U.S. Senate votes 74-to-25 to endorse a revised US$700 billion bank bailout plan. It involves the Treasury buying bad loans from institutions. The plan, rejected by the House earlier, was revised to include a tax cut and extended federal protection for bank deposits.
- Sarah Palin and Joe Biden have their only scheduled debate for the vice presidency of the United States. (WP)
- Ukrainian President, Viktor Yushchenko may face impeachment on charges of undermining national security, and illegal arms trade with Georgia months before the attack on Tskhinvali, South Ossetia, says Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko. Yushchenko earlier said the arms trade charges are ampquotunsubstantiatedampquot. (Izvestia)
- A search team finds the wreckage of the airplane flown by adventurer Steve Fossett in the mountains of Madera County, California, and what appears to be some of his personal effects nearby. Fossett had disappeared on September 3, 2007. (''Sydney Daily Telegraph'')
- Subprime mortgage crisis:
- The United States Securities and Exchange Commission says it would extend the short-sale ban to as long as October 17 or up to three business days after the passage of the proposed bailout plan, but will not make it permanent. (MarketWatch)
- U.S. House of Representatives Majority Leader Steny Hoyer says that no Democrats who opposed the proposed bailout plan earlier this week have pledged to back it. (Bloomberg)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 October 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?