Wednesday 2 September 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Booker T Laury and William Dillard.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1914 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Booker T Laury: Blues pianist / vocalist.
- William Dillard: American mercantile retailer and CEO of Dillard Department Stores, a family operated/owned chain of stores.
- de CHAVAGNEUX Hubert Frerejean: Fareins EXecutives.
- Tom Glazer: American folk singer and songwriter (d. 2003).
- Moronvilliers is occupied by the Germans.
- Pope Benedict XV (Giacomo della Chiesa) succeeds Pope Pius X as the 258th pope.
- William, Prince of Albania leaves the country after just 6 months due to opposition to his rule.
- London Agreement: No member of the Triple Entente (Britain, France, or Russia) may seek a separate peace with the Central Powers.
- World War I ndash First Battle of the Marne: Northeast of Paris, the French 6th Army under General Maunoury attacks German forces nearing Paris. Over 2 million fight (500,000 killed/wounded) in the Allied victory.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 September 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Planted a Rose in the Garden of Love - Henry Burr
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?