Wednesday 2 September 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Booker T Laury and William Dillard.
The Virginian, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1914!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1914 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Booker T Laury: Blues pianist / vocalist.
- William Dillard: American mercantile retailer and CEO of Dillard Department Stores, a family operated/owned chain of stores.
- de CHAVAGNEUX Hubert Frerejean: Fareins EXecutives.
- Tom Glazer: American folk singer and songwriter (d. 2003).
- Moronvilliers is occupied by the Germans.
- Pope Benedict XV (Giacomo della Chiesa) succeeds Pope Pius X as the 258th pope.
- William, Prince of Albania leaves the country after just 6 months due to opposition to his rule.
- London Agreement: No member of the Triple Entente (Britain, France, or Russia) may seek a separate peace with the Central Powers.
- World War I ndash First Battle of the Marne: Northeast of Paris, the French 6th Army under General Maunoury attacks German forces nearing Paris. Over 2 million fight (500,000 killed/wounded) in the Allied victory.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Planted a Rose in the Garden of Love - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?