Monday 2 September 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Our Modern Maidens, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1929 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Claude Guilhot: French jazz vibraphonist and band leader (Claude Guilhot Quartet).
- Rene DuPont: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Bishop of Andong, South Korea.
- Beulah Bewley: English physician and academic.
- Victor Spinetti: Welsh actor and director (d. 2012).
- Hal Ashby: American film director and editor associated with the New Hollywood wave of filmmaking.
- Eugéne Brulé: Le Sel de Bretagne Journalist
- Unilever forms by merger of Margarine Union and Lever Bros
- WOR (NYC) ends affiliation with CBS radio network
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?