Monday 2 September 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Moody and D Wayne Lukas.
Top Hat, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1935!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1935 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Jim Moody: (Rep-D-Wisconsin, 1983- ).
- D Wayne Lukas: American horse trainer.
- Marc Augé: French anthropologist.
- D Lukas: American entrepreneur, horse trainer, owner and racer who originally started as a high school teacher and basketball coach.
- Gordon Massa: American baseball player, a right-throwing/left-batting catcher with the Chicago Cubs in 1957 and 1958.
- A hurricane slams the Florida Keys killing 423.
- Labor Day Hurricane of 1935: a large hurricane hits the Florida Keys killing 423.
- Labor Day Hurricane of 1935: The strongest hurricane ever to strike the United States landfalls in the Upper Florida Keys as a Category 5 storm with 185ampnbspmph winds, killing 423.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?