Wednesday 2 September 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Leonard Blake and Joan Kennedy.
My Man Godfrey, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1936!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1936 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- David Leonard Blake: Composer.
- Joan Kennedy: 1st Wife of Mass Senator, Ted.
- François Bacqué: French Catholic Archbishop Emeritus Apostolic Nuncio to the Netherlands since 2011.
- Andrew Grove: Hungarian-American chemical engineer and CEO of Intel, a computer chip manufacturing company.
- Károly Krajczár: Hungarian-Slovene author and educator.
- 1st transatlantic round-trip air flight
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?