Wednesday 2 September 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
My Man Godfrey, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1936!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1936 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- François Bacqué: French Catholic Archbishop Emeritus Apostolic Nuncio to the Netherlands since 2011.
- David Leonard Blake: Composer.
- Joan Kennedy: 1st Wife of Mass Senator, Ted.
- Károly Krajczár: Hungarian-Slovene author and educator.
- Andrew Grove: Hungarian-American chemical engineer and CEO of Intel, a computer chip manufacturing company.
- 1st transatlantic round-trip air flight
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?