Thursday 2 September 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Prisoner of Zenda, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1937!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1937 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Peter Ueberroth: American entrepreneur and multimillionaire who, in 1963, opened First Travel Corporation with one employee and $5000.
- Len Carlson: Canadian voice actor (d. 2006).
- Derek Fowlds: English actor.
- US Housing Authority created by National Housing Act
- The Great Hong Kong Typhoon kills an estimated 11,000 persons.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?