Monday 2 September 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1940 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Beverly Sanders in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Lotsa Luck, CPO Sharkey).
- Mike Pyne: Jazz Pianist.
- Jimmy Clanton in Baton Rogue: Louisiana, USA; rock vocalist ("Just a Dream").
- Régis Debray: French journalist, philosopher, and government official.
- Alain Deloche: French surgeon, a former member of Médecins Sans Frontières, who cofounded Médecins du Monde.
- Pippo Franco: Italian actor, comedian, television presenter, and singer. He made his name first as a musician in the early 1960s, and in the late 1960s began a career in film, starring in a great number of commedia sexy all'italiana, the "sexy comedy" subgenre of Italian comedy. In the 1970s he expanded into television, acting in TV movies and presenting variety shows. His type of comedy borrows heavily from cabaret. Throughout his career he continued to sing, appearing many times at the Sanremo Festival. He
- James Keyes: American finance accountant and CEO in charge of Johnson Controls. Keyes is a college graduate with a BS in Finance, a BS in Accounting and an MBA degree. He is an early riser who enjoys swimming and golf.
- Jack White: German-born producer of disco and pop music.
- Jimmy Clanton: American singer
- 23rd PGA Championship: Byron Nelson at Hershey Country Club - Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park dedicated
- The US and Great Britain sign a deal in which the US will gain the lease of naval and air bases in Newfoundland, islands of Bermuda, Bahamas, Jamaica, St. Lucia, Trinidad, Antigua, and British Guiana, in exchange for fifty naval destroyers.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?