Saturday 2 September 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Nicollier and Gilles Marchal.
Arsenic and Old Lace, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1944 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Claude Nicollier: Vevey, Switzerland -- Astronaut (STS 61-K, 46, 61, 75).
- Gilles Marchal: French pop singer-songwriter and books writer.
- Janet Simpson: British track and field athlete (Born 1944).
- During WWII, George Bush ejects from a burning plane
- Holocaust diarist Anne Frank was sent to Auschwitz
- US leaders meet in Belgium
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Take It Jackson - Vaughn Monroe
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?