Thursday 2 September 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sharon Christa Corrigan McAuliffe and Terry Bradshaw.
Sorry, Wrong Number, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Around the Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1948 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Sharon Christa Corrigan McAuliffe: Teacher / Astronaut (STS 25).
- Terry Bradshaw: American football player, a champion with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Christa McAuliffe: American astronaut and teacher, the first private citizen allowed into outer space via national selection and an instant celebrity in her connection to the fated expedition of the NASA spacecraft "Challenger.
- Nate Archibald: American basketball player.
- Sylvanus Morley: American archaeologist and scholar (d. 1948).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?