Thursday 2 September 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Sorry, Wrong Number, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1948 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Christa McAuliffe: American astronaut and teacher, the first private citizen allowed into outer space via national selection and an instant celebrity in her connection to the fated expedition of the NASA spacecraft "Challenger.
- Terry Bradshaw: American football player, a champion with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Nate Archibald: American basketball player.
- Sharon Christa Corrigan McAuliffe: Teacher / Astronaut (STS 25).
- Sylvanus Morley: American archaeologist and scholar (d. 1948).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?