Wednesday 2 September 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerhard P J Thiele and Ahmad Shah Massoud.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Island in the Sky, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Led 3 Lives.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1953 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Gerhard P J Thiele: Brenz, Germany -- Astronaut.
- Ahmad Shah Massoud: Afghan commander (d. 2001).
- Ahmad Massoud: Afghan commander and politician Afghan Minister of Defense (d. 2001).
- John Zorn: American saxophonist composer and producer (Naked City Masada and Painkiller).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 September 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?