Wednesday 2 September 1953
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Island in the Sky, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1953!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1953 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Ahmad Shah Massoud: Afghan commander (d. 2001).
- Gerhard P J Thiele: Brenz, Germany -- Astronaut.
- Ahmad Massoud: Afghan commander and politician Afghan Minister of Defense (d. 2001).
- John Zorn: American saxophonist composer and producer (Naked City Masada and Painkiller).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 September 1953 and get them!