Sunday 2 September 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sheila by Tommy Roe.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Cleo from 5 to 7, directed by Agns Varda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1962 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Dominique Farrugia: French actor, writer, humorist and head of his own production company for French cable television.
- Jon Berkeley: Irish author and illustrator.
- Eugenio Derbez: Mexican comedian and actor.
- Alonso Lujambio: Mexican academic and politician (d. 2012).
- Prachya Pinkaew: Thai director producer and screenwriter.
- Keir Starmer: English lawyer and politician
- William Wilkerson: American founder of the Hollywood Reporter and the Flamingo Hotel and nightclub owner (Born 1890).
- The Soviet Union agrees to send arms to Cuba.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 September 1962 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?