Monday 2 September 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sam Mitchell .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Stray Dog, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ready, Steady, Go!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1963 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Sam Mitchell: American basketball player and coach.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Idaho Centennia Golf Tournament
- Alabama Governor George C Wallace prevents integration of Tuskegee high school.
- CBS and NBC expand network news from 15 to 30 minutes.
- CBS Evening News becomes U.S. network television's first half-hour weeknight news broadcast, when the show is lengthened from 15 to 30 minutes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Major Lance - The Monkey Time
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Freddie Scott - Hey, Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?