Thursday 2 September 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey by Paul & Linda McCartney.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1971 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Rich Aurilia: Brooklyn, New York -- Infielder (SF Giants).
- Kjetil Andre Aamodt: Norwegian alpine skier.
- Cesar Sanchez: Spanish footballer.
- Tom Steels: Belgian cyclist who attended the Atlanta Olympics in 1996, placed 109th in an event.
- Shauna Sand: San Diego, California -- Actress (Renegade).
- Pawan Kalyan: Indian actor
- Kjetil Aamodt: Norwegian skier
- Tommy Maddox: American football player and coach
- César Sánchez: Spanish footballer
- Robert Mensah: Ghanaian football goalkeeper (Born 1939).
- Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors win their 1st US Open tennis matches
- Cesar Cedeno hits an inside-the-park grand slammer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 September 1971 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?