Thursday 2 September 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rich Aurilia and Kjetil Andre Aamodt.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey by Paul & Linda McCartney.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Haunted Himself, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whistle Test.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1971 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Rich Aurilia: Brooklyn, New York -- Infielder (SF Giants).
- Kjetil Andre Aamodt: Norwegian alpine skier.
- Cesar Sanchez: Spanish footballer.
- Shauna Sand: San Diego, California -- Actress (Renegade).
- Tom Steels: Belgian cyclist who attended the Atlanta Olympics in 1996, placed 109th in an event.
- Pawan Kalyan: Indian actor
- Kjetil Aamodt: Norwegian skier
- Tommy Maddox: American football player and coach
- César Sánchez: Spanish footballer
- Robert Mensah: Ghanaian football goalkeeper (Born 1939).
- Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors win their 1st US Open tennis matches
- Cesar Cedeno hits an inside-the-park grand slammer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- Rare Earth - I Just Want To Celebrate
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?