Sunday 2 September 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Vale and Katt Williams.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Brother Louie by Stories.
In UK Young Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Day for Night, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mission: Magic!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1973!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1973 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Jack Vale: YouTube Star.
- Katt Williams: American comedian, actor and rapper.
- Matthew Dunn: Leeton, NSW -- Swimmer (1996 Olympics).
- Hande Ataizi: Turkish actress.
- Jason Blake: American ice hockey player.
- Indika de Saram: Sri Lankan cricketer
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA Charity Golf Classic
- Billy Martin fired as manager of Detroit Tigers.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 September 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Paul Simon - Loves Me Like A Rock
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?