Monday 2 September 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jason Lawson and Karina Wieland.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to (You're) Having My Baby by Paul Anka.
In UK When Will I See You Again by The Three Degrees was in the top 5 hits.
Turkish Delight, directed by Paul Verhoeven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Run, Joe, Run.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Maze War or Rebound.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1974!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1974 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Jason Lawson: NBA center (Orlando Magic).
- Karina Wieland: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Steven Johnson: Australian race car driver.
- Inari Vachs: American adult film actress.
- Prest Gerald Ford signs Employee Retirement Income Security Act
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - (You're) Having My Baby
- Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff
- Rufus - Tell Me Something Good
- Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently
- Donny and Marie Osmond - I'm Leaving It (All) Up To You
- Barry White - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe
- Billy Preston - Nothing From Nothing
- Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
- Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World
- Dionne Warwicke - Then Came You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?