Wednesday 2 September 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to La Bamba by Los Lobos.
Hamburger Hill, directed by John Irvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1987!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1987 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
Famous Birthdays:02 September
- Donald Trump takes out a full page New York Times ad lambasting Japan.
- Philips introduces CD-video
- Kevin Bass is first National League member to switch hit home runs in a game twice in one season.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- Dan Hill - Can't We Try
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- The Whispers - Rock Steady
- Huey Lewis & The News - Doing It All For My Baby
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?