Wednesday 2 September 1998
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Egypt Criss .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith.
In UK No Matter What by Boyzone was in the top 5 hits.
Blade, directed by Stephen Norrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Rainbow Six by Tom Clanc was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Minty.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Looney Tunes: Carrot Crazy or Colin McRae Rally.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1998.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1998!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1998 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Egypt Criss: American noted family member, the father is rapper Treach (Anthony Criss) of Naughty by Nature and the mother is Rapper Pepa (Sandra Denton), of the rap group Salt-N-Pepa.
- Allen Drury: American writer who wrote the 1959 political novel "Advise and Consent," for which he won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1960.
- A McDonnell Douglas MD-11 airliner carrying Swissair Flight 111 crashes near Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia, after taking off from New York City en-route to Geneva. All 229 people on board are killed.
- The UN's International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda finds Jean Paul Akayesu, the former mayor of a small town in Rwanda, guilty of nine counts of genocide.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?