Tuesday 2 September 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ella Wahlberg .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me If You Dare, directed by Yann Samuell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clanc was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Air Emergency.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Championship Manager 4 or Devastation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 2 September 2003 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Ella Wahlberg: American daughter of actor Mark Wahlberg; born on the same day that the actor's sister died unexpectedly.
- Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden says that his organization is working on ampquot''serious projects''ampquot, and that his priority is to use biological weapons against the United States. Al Qaeda may already have such weapons, and be seeking means to transport and launch them.
- Indonesia: An Indonesian court sentences Muslim cleric Abu Bakar Bashir to four years in prison for treason against the Indonesian government. However, the court found insufficient proof that Bashir was the leader of the militant Islamic organization Jemaah Islamiyah.
- Iraq: A car bomb explodes near the headquarters of Coalition trained police in Baghdad, killing an Iraqi police officer and wounding up to 10 bystanders. Observers saw the incident as an attempt to destabilize the new Iraqi governing body. (See 2003 occupation of Iraq timeline)
- The Iraqi police handling the investigation say they have arrested 19 men in connection with the blast, many of them foreigners and all with admitted links to al-Qaeda.
- Astronomy: Astronomers announce the discovery of an asteroid (2003 QQampsubamp47amp/subamp) whose orbit has a remote chance of striking earth.
- ''SCO v. IBM'': SCO Germany is ordered to pay fine of 10,000 Euro because they were ordered to cease their allegations that Linux contains stolen intellectual property of SCO.
- Road map for peace: Israeli Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz states he favors expelling Palestinian President Yasser Arafat by the end of the year, because Arafat is obstructing the United States led peace plan. Arafat denies the statement and says he backs the peace plan (though he refuses to release control of Palestinian security services to reformer Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas to stop militant group attacks as mandated by the plan). Palestinian leaders call Defense Minister's remarks
- Premier of Ontario Ernie Eves calls a provincial election for October 2. Eves' incumbent Tories, Dalton McGuinty's Liberals, and Howard Hampton's NDP are in the race.
- A forest fire erupts in the Gorge of the Columbia River to the east of Cascade Locks, Oregon, forcing the closure of a 47-mile section of Interstate 84 and the evacuation of Cascade Locks for at least one full day.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 September 2003
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?