Thursday 2 September 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The King's Speech, directed by Tom Hooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 2 September 2010 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 September
- 10 civilians are killed and 2 others are wounded after being struck by NATO during an election campaign in Rostaq, Afghanistan. Originally, a spokesman had said a ampquotprecision air strikeampquot had hit a militant vehicle. (Reuters)
- Palestinians stone an Israeli car travelling through the West Bank resulting in a 12-year-old being injured. (YNet News)
- The Mexican Army claims to have killed 25 drug cartel gunmen in a clash in Tamaulipas state near the United States border. (BBC)
- Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the United Nations Hussain Haroon calls for an inquiry after allegations emerge of Pakistani floodwaters being diverted into vulnerable villages in a bid to preserve crops. (BBC)
- 2010 Pacific typhoon season
- Severe Tropical Storm Lionrock lands in China's Fujian province with warnings of strong winds and torrential rains. (''Straits Times'')
- Typhoon Kompasu (Glenda) hits South Korea resulting in three deaths and leading to cancellation of flights and school classes. (AP via Sign On San Diego)
- Hurricane Earl
- A tropical storm warning is issued for the coast of Long Island in New York as Hurricane Earl approaches the east coast of the United States. (Reuters)
- A state of emergency is declared in the states of North Carolina and Virginia. (Bloomberg)
- An oil rig explodes in the Gulf of Mexico, west of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig that exploded in April, killing no people. (AP)
- Lebanon requests an Interpol arrest warrant for Ghassan al-Jidd, a former General in the Lebanese Army who allegedly spied for the Mossad. (Jerusalem Post)
- At least 17 migrants are kidnapped by suspected human traffickers in Tijuana, Baja California, in northwestern Mexico. (RFI)
- Price riots continue in Mozambique, leaving a further four people dead. (Reuters Africa)
- Police in Brazil arrest almost the entire council in the city of Dourados, Mato Grosso do Sul, on suspicion of fraud and corruption, leaving the city without a government. (''Latin American Herald Tribune'')
- Figures show that at least 2,000 British police officers had 3 or more complaints made against them in 2009-10. (BBC)
- Independent Member of the Australian House of Representatives Andrew Wilkie announces that he will support the Gillard Labor Government on supply and confidence. (SBS)
- BP warns the United States Congress that it might not be able to pay compensation for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill if it is barred from getting new offshore drilling permits. (''New York Times'')
- Sebastian Vlădescu is replaced as Romanian Minister of Finance by Gheorghe Ialomitianu as part of a Cabinet reshuffle. (AFP via Google News)
- Pakistan's high commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hasan says 3 of his country's cricketers connected to allegations of betting corruption by the ''News of the World'' tabloid could have been set up. (Sky News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?