Thursday 3 April 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Canon A D Caesar and Murray Dickie.
Beau Brummel, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1924 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Canon A D Caesar: Sub Dean (HM Chapels Royal).
- Murray Dickie: Opera singer / director.
- Marlon Brando in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; actor (Superman, Godfather) (dies 2004).
- Doris Day in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; actress (Pillow Talk).
- Marlon Brando: American actor of great note whose charisma, both off- and on-screen, made him an artistic and social force.
- Georges Nantes: French Catholic priest and essayist, known as the 'Abbé de Nantes,' who founded the League of the Catholic Counter-Reformation. Suspended from his duties by the authorities of the Catholic Church, he nevertheless continued his pastoral activities in his community.
- Doris Day: American actress, singer and animal rights activist
- Peter Hawkins: British actor and voice actor (Born 1924)
- Roza Shanina: Russian sergeant and sniper (d. 1945)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 April 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- You Will Never Miss Your Mother Until She is Gone - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Take, Oh Take, Those Lips Away - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Dream Daddy - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?