Wednesday 3 April 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Farr and Poul Schluter.
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1929 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Dennis Farr: director (Courtauld Institute Galleries).
- Poul Schluter: Danish politician.
- Miyoshi Umeki: Japanese-American actress who won an Oscar as best supporting actress for her role in "Sayonara," 1958.
- Jacques Conia: Laventie Journalist.
- Fazlur Khan: Bangladeshi engineer and architect co-designed the Willis Tower and John Hancock Center (d. 1982).
- Lee Leonard: American radio and television host
- Poul Schlüter: Danish lawyer and politician 37th Prime Minister of Denmark
- Persia agrees to Litvinov Pact.
- RMS Queen Mary is ordered from John Brown & Company Shipbuilding and Engineering by Cunard Line.
- Persia signs the Litvinov Protocol.ref name=Rezun/
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 April 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?