Monday 3 April 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dodge City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1939 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Vitaliy Davidov: USSR -- Ice hockey player (1964, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Malcolm Thornton: British Member of Parliament.
- Paul Craig Roberts: American economist.
- Francois de Roubaix: French film score composer (d. 1975).
- Jacques Kergoat: French sociologist, historian and political activist of the Far-left.
- Lee Williams: American astrologer, a highly talented writer and mystic. Her book, "Heaven and Earth," published July 1994, had an international printing in November 1994. The book "came to her through Higher Self faculties in 38 days when progressed Mercury was trine her Neptune. A book of perfect clarity and pure wisdom, not one word had to be changed after the first writing came through."
- François de Roubaix: French composer (d. 1975)
- Hawk Taylor: American baseball player and coach (d. 2012)
- Paul Roberts: American economist and politician
- Adolf Hitler orders the German military to start planning for Fall Weiss, the codename for the invasion of Poland.
- Refik Saydam forms the new government in Turkey. (12 th government Refik Saydam had served twice as a prime minister )
- Faisal II becomes King of Iraq.
- The Slovak-Hungarian War ends with Slovakia ceding eastern territories to Hungary.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?