Thursday 3 April 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil and Miss Jones, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1941 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Philippe Wynne: American musician (d. 1984).
- Jan Berry in Los Angeles: California, USA; rock vocalist (Jan and Dean - "Deadman's Curve").
- Subhash Desai: Indian politician, a leader of Shiv Sena (a Marathi regional and Hindu nationalist political organisation).
- Aprile Erben: American student astrologer.
- Charlotte Ford: American socialite, noted family and author.
- Jorma Hynninen: Finnish baritone who performs regularly with the world's major opera companies. He has also worked in opera administration. Hynninen's discography includes more than a hundred titles. He has recorded Finnish opera extensively along with works from the international repertoire, lieder collections, and religious music.
- Eric Braeden: Actor (Victor Newman - Young and the Restless, Colossus)
- Jan Berry: American singer-songwriter (Jan and Dean) (d. 2004)
- Carl Boenish: American BASE jumper and cinematographer (d. 1984)
- Philippé Wynne: American singer (The Spinners) (d. 1984)
- Churchill warns Stalin of German invasion
- Waltons overture Scapino, premieres in Chicago
- The El Rancho Vegas hotel/casino opens on the Los Angeles Highway outside Las Vegas, Nevada. This starts the "Las Vegas Strip".
- Rasjid al-Gailani forms pro-German regime in Iraq.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?