Monday 3 April 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1944 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Peter Colman: Australian biologist and academic.
- Tony Orlando: American singer (Tony Orlando and Dawn).
- Clive Smith: British-Canadian director and animator who, co-founded Canadian animation studio Nelvana in 1971.
- Tony Orlando in New York City: New York, USA; singer (Tony Orlando and Dawn - "Tie a Yellow Ribbon").
- Barry Pritchard: rock guitarist (Fortunes).
- Michel-Marie Calvet: French-born New Caledonian Archbishop. He has served as the Archbishop of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Nouméa from since his appointment on 19 June 1981. He also served as the Titular bishop of the Diocese of Nigrae Maiores.
- British dive bombers attack battle cruiser Tirpitz
- Supreme Court (Smith vs. Allwright) white primaries unconstitutional
- US Supreme Court (Smith versus Allwright) rules "white primaries" are unconstitutional.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?