Saturday 3 April 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1948!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1948 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Arlette Cousture: Canadian author and screenwriter.
- Jaap de Hoop Scheffer: Dutch academic politician and diplomat 11th Secretary General of NATO.
- Carlos de Gortari: Mexican economist and politician 53rd President of Mexico.
- Carlos Salinas: President of Mexico.
- Carlos Salinas de Gortari: Mexican economist and politician affiliated to the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) who served as President of Mexico from 1988 to 1994.
- H C: Tomlinson; Headmaster (Hereford Cathedral School).
- Garrick Ohlsson in Bronxville: New York, USA; pianist (International Busoni winner 1969).
- Jaap G: de Hoop Scheffer; Dutch Member of Parliament (CDA).
- Mary Gordon-Watson: England, United Kingdom -- Equestrian 3 day event (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Michel Trebitsch: French historian, who died in Paris on 9 March 2004.
- 1st US figure skating championships held
- Harry Truman signs Marshall Plan ($5B aid to 16 European countries)
- US President Harry Truman signs Marshall Plan (US$5 billion aid to 16 European countries).
- US female Figure Skating Championship won by Gretchen Merrill.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Face - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Sabre Dance Boogie - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?