Monday 3 April 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Titanic, directed by Herbert Selpin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1950 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Indrajit Coomaraswamy: Sri Lankan cricketer and economist.
- Sally Thomsett: English actress.
- Ray Lucia: American author and television host.
- Curtis Stone in North Hollywood: California, USA; singer (Highway 101 - "Cry Cry Cry").
- Adolf Wiklund: Composer, dies at 70.
- Kurt Julian Weill: German Composer (Dreigroschenoper), dies at 50.
- Kurt Weill: German-American composer, an important figure in German musical life during the period of the Weimar Republic.
- Carter G Woodson "father of black history": dies in Washington DC at age 74.
- Carter G Woodson: African-American historian, author, journalist and founder of Black History Month (Born 1875).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?