Monday 3 April 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Curtis Stone in North Hollywood and Indrajit Coomaraswamy.
Titanic, directed by Herbert Selpin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1950 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Curtis Stone in North Hollywood: California, USA; singer (Highway 101 - "Cry Cry Cry").
- Indrajit Coomaraswamy: Sri Lankan cricketer and economist.
- Sally Thomsett: English actress.
- Ray Lucia: American author and television host.
- Adolf Wiklund: Composer, dies at 70.
- Kurt Julian Weill: German Composer (Dreigroschenoper), dies at 50.
- Carter G Woodson "father of black history": dies in Washington DC at age 74.
- Carter G Woodson: African-American historian, author, journalist and founder of Black History Month (Born 1875).
- Kurt Weill: German-American composer, an important figure in German musical life during the period of the Weimar Republic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?