Tuesday 3 April 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Sawdust and Tinsel, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1956 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Miguel Bose: Panama -- Spanish singer / actor (El Avaro, Queen Margot).
- Ray Combs: American game show host and comedian (d. 1996).
- Kalle Kulbok: Estonian politician.
- Boris Miljković: Serbian director and producer.
- Tessa Souter: English-American singer-songwriter.
- Boris Miljkovic: Serbian director
- Frédéric Aguessy: French pianist, conductor and music teacher.
- Miguel Bosé: Spanish/Italian musician and actor, born in Panama as the son of Italian actress Lucia Bosè (real name Lucia Borloni) and bullfighter Luis Miguel Dominguín (real name Luis Miguel González Lucas).
- T Kostov: Bulgarian Vice Premier, executed.
- Silk Stockings closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 461 performances
- Bulgarian Vice Premier Traitsjo Kostov rehabilitated
- Hudsonville-Standale Tornado: The western half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan is struck by a deadly F5 tornado.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?