Friday 3 April 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Hyde Pierce in Saratoga Springs and David Pierce.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Gidget, directed by Paul Wendkos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Niven Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1959!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1959 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- David Hyde Pierce in Saratoga Springs: New York, USA; actor (Niles Crane - Fraiser).
- David Pierce: American actor, winner of three Emmys and six American Comedy Awards for his role as Niles Crane, Frasier's elite, effete brother on the hit sitcom.
- Shane Connor: TV Actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- The Fleetwoods - Come Softly To Me
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Thomas Wayne - Tragedy
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- Ricky Nelson - Never Be Anyone Else But You
- Dodie Stevens - Pink Shoe Laces
- The Bell Notes - I've Had It
- Ricky Nelson - It's Late
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?