Monday 3 April 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Blue Moon by The Marcels.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, directed by Karel Reisz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1961!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1961 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Angelo Mazzone: Italian team epee fencer who won a Gold Medal in the Atlanta Olympics 7/23/1996 along with Randazzo Cuoma.
- Eddie Murphy in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Saturday Night Live, 48 Hours, Beverly Hills Cop, Raw).
- Eddie Murphy: American actor, signed with Saturday Night Live and NBC when he was 19 years old.
- Michalis Rakintzis: Greek songwriter and singer.
- Happiest Girl in the World opens at Martin Beck NYC for 97 performances
- Connie Mack Stadium in Philadelphia is sold to J Schleifer Properties
- The Leadbeater's Possum is rediscovered in Australia after 72 years.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?