Tuesday 3 April 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabares.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Bird of Youth, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1962 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Sophie Moressee-Pichot: French athlete, a fencer who won an Olympic Gold Medal as the Epee champion (team) on 7/24/1996, Atlanta.
- Dave Miley: American baseball player and manager.
- Jennifer Rubin: American actress.
- Mike Ness: American punk rock musician, founder of the group Social Distortion in 1978.
- John Gruffith: Rocker (Red rockers).
- Nancy Filteau in Swift Current: Saskatchawan, Canada; 72k judoka (Olympics-1996).
- Roberto Succo: Italian serial killer who shot and killed his parents and seven other persons. Captured, he killed himself in February 1988. Director Cedric Kah made a movie of Succo's life.
- Brenda Spencer: American homicide; she killed a custodian and principal and wounded eight children and a policeman on 1/29/1979.
- Brenda Ann Spencer: American ''I Hate Mondays'' murderer
- David Shark: Canadian musician, a guitarist, singer and songwriter. A member of the "Boomerang Gang," Shark first appeared in the London Scene in a self-promoted show in Kensington on 4/01/1984. The group was comprised of Mike Ansell (bass), Mickey Sparrow (drums),
- Jockey Eddie Arcaro retires after 31 years (24,092 races).
- Lieutenant General Marshall S Carter, USA, becomes deputy director of Central Intelligence Agency.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Roy Orbison - Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?