Wednesday 3 April 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Lansing in Rawlins and Bernd Karbacher.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Congratulations by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Belle de Jour, directed by Luis Bunuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drei Frauen im Haus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1968 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Mike Lansing in Rawlins: Wyoming, USA; infielder (Montreal Expos).
- Bernd Karbacher: in Germany; tennis star.
- Sebastian Bach [Bierk] in the Bahamas rocker (Skid Row-18 and Life: I Remember You).
- Sebastian Bach: Metal Singer.
- Charlotte Coleman: British actress (Born 1968).
- N Vietnam agrees to meet US reps to set up preliminary peace talks
- North Vietnam agrees to meet US representatives to set up preliminary peace talks.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. delivers his ''I've Been to the Mountaintop'' speech.
- The American movie ''Planet of the Apes'' is released in theaters.
- Apollo Program: Apollo-Saturn mission 502 (''Apollo 6'') is launched, as the second and last unmanned test-flight of the Saturn V launch vehicle.
- ''La, la, la'' by Massiel (music and lyrics by Manuel de la Calva and Ramón Arcusa) wins the Eurovision Song Contest 1968 for Spain, at the Royal Albert Hall in London.
- A shootout between Black Panthers and Oakland police results in several arrests and deaths, including 16-year-old Panther Bobby Hutton.
- A double explosion in downtown Richmond, Indiana kills 41 and injures 150.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 April 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Monkees - Valleri
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?