Saturday 3 April 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Clash of the Titans, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 3 April 2010 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 April
- Eugène Terre'Blanche, founder of the Afrikaner Resistance Movement, is killed in his hometown of Ventersdorp. (RTÉ)
- Three German soldiers are killed in north Afghanistan, five other Germans were wounded in fighting southwest of Kunduz. 22 German soldiers have been killed by fighting or attacks in Afghanistan since 2001 and another 138 wounded. (Wten)
- German troops kill at least five Afghan soldiers in a friendly fire incident north of the capital Kabul. (''Taiwan News'')
- Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd appoints the country's first population minister, Tony Burke, as part of a strategy for managing population growth. (Reuters India)
- Rescuers enter a flooded mine in Shanxi, China to help over 153 workers trapped there for over a week. (Press TV)
- Eight people are missing and one dies as a fishing boat sinks while searching for the South Korean ''Cheonan'' warship that sank last week near the Northern Limit Line border with North Korea. (BBC)
- The controversial African Renaissance Monument, which is taller than the Statue of Liberty, is inaugurated in the Senegalese capital Dakar. (''The Guardian'')
- Thousands of ampquotred shirtampquot anti-government protesters rally in the Thai capital Bangkok demanding new elections. (''The Hindu'')
- Cambridge Boat Club defeats Oxford Boat Club to win the 156th University Boat Race in London, England. (BBC)
- Apple released the iPad in the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?