Friday 3 August 1900
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
A Farmer's Imitation of Ching Ling Foo, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1900.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1900!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1900 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Arnoldus J N M Struycken: Dutch lawyer.
- John T Scopes: American teacher and evolutionist (d. 1970).
- John T: Scopes Tennessee teacher convicted for teaching evolution.
- Carlos Enriquez: Cuban painter, illustrator and writer of the Vanguardia movement (the Cuban Avant-garde).
- Ernie Pyle: American writer, journalist and syndicated columnist who won the Pulitzer Prize in 1943 and was killed in Okinawa during World War II.
- John Scopes: American educator (d. 1970)
- The Firestone Tire & Rubber Company is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Little Brown Jug - Steve Porter
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?