Monday 3 August 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Slabbinck and Stillborn Duncan.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1914 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Rick Slabbinck: Flemish painter.
- Stillborn Duncan: French child, the third born to dancer Isadora Duncan, each with a different father.
- 1st seaworthy ship through Panama Canal
- Belgium rejects demand to allow free crossing for German army
- French fleet sails to North-Africa
- German battle cruiser Goeben leaves Messina
- World Alliance for Promoting International Friendship through Churches forms
- Yankee catcher Nunamaker throws out 3 would be stealers in 1 inning
- Germany invades Belgium and declares war on France; France declares war on Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When It's Moonlight on the Alamo - Peerless Quartet
- Kitty McKay - Prince's Orchestra
- When the Angelus is Ringing - Lyric Quartet
- Gems from High Jinks - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?