Saturday 3 August 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Riddle Gawne, directed by William S. Hart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1918 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Mihiel Gilormini Pacheco: United States Air Force officer who served in the Royal Air Force and in the United States Army Air Forces during World War II.
- Sidney Gottlieb: American chemist, a career member of the CIA who developed the Mind Control Program.
- Olivier Alain: French organist, pianist, musicologist and composer.
- James Burns: American historian political scientist and author (d. 2014).
- Larry Haines: American actor (d. 2008).
- Eddie Jefferson: American singer-songwriter (d. 1979)
- James MacGregor: Burns political writer (The Lion and the Fox).
- Marcel Hennart: France Writer
- Albert P Hahn: Dutch political cartoonist (Het Volk), dies at 41.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bring Back My Soldier Boy to Me - Olive Kline
- What are You Going to Do to Help the Boys? - Shannon Four
- Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody - Arthur Fields
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?