Tuesday 3 August 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Souls at Sea, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1937!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1937 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Diane Wakoski: American poet and essayist, best known for a series of poems collectively known as "The Motorcycle Betrayal Poems.
- Steven Berkoff: English actor director and playwright.
- Roland Burris: American lawyer and politician 39th Illinois Attorney General.
- Tom Georgeson: English actor.
- Duncan Sharpe: Pakistani-Australian cricketer.
- Patrick Peugeot: French senior official and business leader. A member of La Cimade, he was president from 2006 to 2013.
- Robert De Troy: French restaurateur and sommelier who housed 120 000 bottles of wine in his Michelin-starred "Le Chanzy" restaurant. He is the founding president of 'sommeliers du Nord' and a finalist in the Best Sommelier of France competition.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?