Thursday 3 August 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ivo Consolini and Jack Strehl.
The Four Feathers, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1939 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Ivo Consolini: Italian designer, stylist of haute couture.
- Jack Strehl: American entrepreneur, an electrical engineer who built a national semi-conductor company in Silicon Valley.
- Jimmie Nicol: English drummer (The Spotnicks and Colin Hicks & The Cabin Boys).
- Apoorva Sengupta: Indian general and cricketer.
- Eugust Enna: Composer, dies at 80.
- Jean Genets Ondine, premieres in Paris
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 August 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?