Saturday 3 August 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1946 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- John Klemmer: Rocker.
- Jim Duncan: American football player.
- Robert Ayling: English businessman.
- Jack Straw: English lawyer and politician Shadow Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- Syreeta Wright: American singer and songwriter (d. 2004).
- John York: American bass player songwriter and producer
- Belgian government of Huysmans, forms
- Holiday World, originally called ''Santa Claus Land'', opens to the public. It became the 1st themed park preceding Disneyland by 9 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - South America, Take It Away
- Just the Other Day - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- I Know - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?