Sunday 3 August 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lambert Wilson and Lindsey Hilsum.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Patricia by Perez Prado and His Orchestra.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1958 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Lambert Wilson: French actor and singer as well as noted family member.
- Lindsey Hilsum: English journalist and author.
- Ana Kokkinos: Australian director and screenwriter.
- Peter Collins: English race car driver (Born 1931).
- USS Nautilus begins 1st crossing of Arctic Ocean under icecap
- American nuclear submarine USS Nautilus begins first crossing of Arctic Ocean under icecap.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Kalin Twins - When
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- The Elegants - Little Star
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?