Monday 3 August 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Lonely Boy by Paul Anka.
In UK Dream Lover by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
The Tingler, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1959!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1959 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Mike Gminski: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- John McGinley: American actor and producer.
- Koichi Tanaka: Japanese chemist and engineer Nobel Prize laureate.
- Victoria Jackson in Miami: Florida, USA; actress (Casual Sex, Saturday Night Live).
- John C McGinley: American actor.
- Martin Atkins: English drummer and producer (Public Image Ltd Ministry and Killing Joke)
- 27th All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 5-3 at Memorial Coliseum, LA
- 50 killed in uprising in Guinea-Bissau
- AL beats NL 5-3 in 27th All Star Game (Dodger Stadium)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Fabian - Tiger
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Stonewall Jackson - Waterloo
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Ricky Nelson - Sweeter Than You
- Duane Eddy - Forty Miles Of Bad Road
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?