Thursday 3 August 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Light My Fire by The Doors.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
In the Heat of the Night, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1967 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Skin : English singer and guitarist (Skunk Anansie).
- Manmohan Waris: Indian singer.
- John Femia in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Square Pegs, Hello Larry).
- Mathieu Kassovitz: French film director widely known for his controversal "La Haine" (Hate, with Vincent Cassel) and actor, born to Peter Kassovitz (film director), Hungarian Jew, and to Chantal Rémy, catholic film editor.
- 45,000 US soldiers sent to Vietnam
- James Law rides entire NYC subway in 22 hours 12 minutes
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Frankie Valli
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Buckinghams - Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
- Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 3 August 1967 and get them!